Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 10, 2015 - Andreoli Italian Grocer - Scottsdale, Arizona

I visited with Jody, Judson and Jonah Hayes.  Jody ordered the Cosa Nostra – roast beef sandwich with hot giardiniera.  Jody gave me a bite…and I think I will try it on my next visit.  Judson ordered the Penne with veal meat sauce.  I ordered the Rigatoni in a creamy veal meat sauce with peas.  I actually liked my sauce better than Judson’s.  Jonah ate the Penne with butter and grated Parmesan.  I liked his the best.  I am definitely going to ask for that dish next time.  We spent time dipping our great bread in the butter sauce in the bottom of Jonah’s dish…just fabulous.

The bread is wonderful…hard crusty outside…just like in Italy.  It was served with dipping oil.  It is made right on site with a limited quantity available for purchase.  They also make their own prosciutto.

It was recently one of the featured restaurants on Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives.


No comments:

Post a Comment