Friday, February 13, 2015

February 13, 2015 - Midwestern Meats Restaurant - Mesa, Arizona

I visited  with Judy Heath on our way to Mesa Spirit  to play our first game of bridge together.  Both of us ordered the Special…Pot Roast.  It came already shredded and tasted delicious.  It was served with great mashed potatoes and brown gravy…along with a vegetable mixture (that was pretty bland) and a homemade bun from the bakery.  I loved the lunch.  Then you could have a piece of pie for $.99…so I ordered cherry and had it ala mode…pie total $1.98…what a bargain.  I liked the cherry pie but it wasn’t as good as the one at the Iowa Café…because the crust was better at the Iowa Café…but I am not complaining…the cherry filling was sweet.  This was comfort food…my kind of comfort food.


This restaurant is part of the butcher shop and bakery complex.  The meat is Iowa raised so it’s corn fed beef…good prices. The bakery had lots of good treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment