Saturday, February 21, 2015

February 21, 2015 - Chompie's - Tempe, Arizona

The Hayes Family and I met the Thompsons for breakfast after Judson's hockey game at Chompie's in Tempe.  This was my first visit to this New York Jewish Deli in Tempe.  We ususally have breakfast at the Chompie's on Shea Boulevard in Scottsdale.

I ordered the 2-stack Banana Nut Pancakes.  Carol ordered the 2-stack Blueberry Pancakes.  Mike ordered the Corned Beef Hash.  Joshua ordered the Breakfast Sliders.  Judson and Jonah shared the Breakfast of Champions (2 eggs, 2 pancakes and 2 pieces of bacon).  I can’t remember what Jody ordered.

I was hoping that I would be served pancakes from a Banana Nut Bread type of dough.  Nope.  It was regular buttermilk pancakes with chopped nuts and sliced bananas on top.  I was disappointed.  Especially since I could have ordered Latkes - Potato Pancakes - one of my favorite items at Chompie's.

My Banana Nut Pancakes


Mike's Corned Beef Hash


Chompie’s
1160 East University Drive
Tempe, Arizona 85281
(480) 557-0700
Hours:  Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
             Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment