Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 15, 2015 - La Canasta - Phoeniz, Arizona

I took the light rail downtown this morning.  I went to my son's office to sign my tax return.  I took him out to lunch.  We tried La Canasta's for the very first time.

Joshua ordered the Woodman’s Dinner – Green Chile Beef …cubed beef cooked in roasted chili peppers....served with rice and refried beans.  It was delicious. I tried a bite. 

I ordered the Machaca Dinner – it is shredded beef cooked with peppercorns, onions, roasted chili peppers, and tomatoes…served with rice and refried beans.  I loved this meal.  The beef was very tasty...as was the refried beans.  I love tearing off a piece of tortilla...filling it up with a little meat...a little refried beans...a little rice...and some of the lettuce salad that is served on top of the meal. That's the way to eat a good Mexican dinner.

Each of our meals was served with one huge homemade tortilla that came wrapped in tin foil like a burrito…it was steamy hot.


I think they served the best salsa I have ever tasted with their chips to begin the meal.

La Canasta’s
723 s. 7th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85007
(602) 254-7295
Hours:  Monday – Saturday 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
                              Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.    

No comments:

Post a Comment