Saturday, July 25, 2015

July 25, 2015 - Waldo's BBQ - Mesa, Arizona





Visited on July 25, 2015 with Sandy Wilts.  Everyone talks about it…and I thought it was good but not outstanding. I ordered an ice tea..and it was served in a very big and tall Mason jar.




Sandy ordered The Beef Brisket sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries.




I ordered The Pig Sandwich – pulled pork. 



Corn bread and butter was served with each order…and it was served with the meal.  I think it should have been served with the drinks.  Why?  Corn bread and then a bun for the sandwich.  

They served the BBQ sauce in a little cast iron skillet.  I thought that was very unique.  Plus I don’t like the BBQ drenched on my meat…so this was perfect for me.  What I didn’t understand was we never had a choice of BBQ sauce…was it because it is described  “served Memphis style”? 

They brought us our check in a Mason Jar…it was filled with Root Beer Barrels…hard candy as after dinner treats.





The servers were excellent…the ambience is very rural feeling right down to the shavings on the floor.

Waldo’s
4500 E. Main #101
Mesa, Arizona 85205
(480) 807-6475
Hours:  Monday – Saturday 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
                              Sunday 10:30 – 8:00 p.m.






No comments:

Post a Comment