Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 7, 2015 - What The Hell Bar and Grill - Mesa, Arizona

Today was an interesting day.  Sandy Wilts and I went to the Restaurant at Painted Mountain Golf Restort as a Thesman Active Singles Group.  I had called the restaurant before scheduling the event and asked several questions.  I told them the date we planned to attend and asked about reservations.

We arrived this morning.  The sign in front of the restaurant stated that the restaurant was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Hmmmm...

So Sandy and I decided to try The Biscuit…and I have to do more research because everyone makes it sound as if it is close by…and yet there was one at 1235 N. Gilbert…and another at 1835 E. Warner…and I thought I could find them without the GPS but no luck…so we finally decided to try What The Hell Bar and Grill that advertises a $4.99 breakfast and is very close to our homes..

To end up there after practically driving to San Francisco was annoying.  So after that “What The Hell”  seemed appropriate.

Anyway, I don’t think I would have walked into this biker bar by myself…so it was great to try it.  Both Sandy and I were pleasantly surprised.  It was like walking into a restaurant…large building with log walls…very well kept.  It wasn’t dark and dingy like most bars can be.

We both ordered off the Breakfast Specials Menu.  Sandy ordered the 1/ 2 order of French Toast with Sausage Links.  She was served two slices of French Toast and 2 Link Sausages.  She said that the French Toast was very good…not soggy like some can be served.






I ordered the Biscuits and Gravy.  I am always on the hung for great Biscuits and Gravy…especially now that I have left Montana.  My meal as served with two soft biscuits.  I dislike being served hard biscuits.  The ones that seemed to be more than a day old…and taste like hockey pucks.

These were soft and wonderful.  Both had been cut in half…with the split side lightly toasted…then covered with a white gravy that had chunks of link sausages in it.  The  slightly toasted biscuits were a novel way to serve them.  I liked the large chunks of sausage links in the gravy.  If you can’t tell I was extremely happy with my breakfast.








Both of us were served free coffee with our breakfasts.  The wait staff filled the cups up as often as we wanted more coffee.  The wait staff was friendly, efficient…and explained everything perfectly to us.

We asked the wait staff about their daily luncheon specials. The one lady went and brought us back a menu so we could look at the whole daily special section of the menu. They were so happy to tell us all about them…and that each was served with a “free 16 ounce glass of domestic beer”.  That made us want to go back and try those specials sometime soon.

Then the wait staff brought us a punch card…if you had five punches that was good for $2 off on a meal..and if you have ten punches that was good for a free meal…so much better than these rewards cards that places are always pushing. 

All I could think about was – I will have to bring Jo Martin here the next time she visits.  The little Southern Belle will love those Biscuits and Gravy.


We will most likely be trying a lot of different things at this local bar and grill…and I will be updating this site every time so you will be able to decide what you think.

What The Hell Bar and Grill
7403 E. Main Street
Mesa, AZ 85207

No comments:

Post a Comment