Saturday, July 18, 2015

July 9, 2015 - Black Bart's - Flagstaff, Arizona

Sandy Wilt and I took a bus tour to Flagstaff to spend an "Evening With The Stars".  That included dinner at Black Bart's.

It is a huge dining room.  The servers are very talented people from the Northern Arizona University arts department..students attending the college..as well as other young people from around the state and country who are working in the summer for college funds.

I enjoyed all of the show tunes that they sang.


This was one of our singing waiters...serenading us with a song.


Our dinner was 1/ 2 BBQ Chicken with a baked potato after a tin pan of biscuits…warm out of the oven arrived with honey butter…followed by a crisp salad.  I think it is interesting that we didn’t even get a choice of salad dressing.  Did we feel massed produced or what?  Two of my fellow travelers asked for steak. They were told that it couldn’t be substituted…so the one ordered in additional to her chicken dinner…a prime rib dinner…and then about ten minutes later out the waitress comes with the message that they would substitute…poor lady who had already ordered the prime rib…we were each asked if we wanted to substitute but never told if it was straight across the board or what…so nobody substituted…I wish that I had.



Two pictures of our dinner...and the dreaded chicken.

I fought with that chicken all through dinner.  I didn’t want to try and break the chicken parts as if I was about to cook, BBQ or fry it because I didn’t want to have all of the BBQ sauce splatter all over me and the people sitting around me.  Speaking of BBQ sauce…I hate being served BBQ when the sauce is put on the meat after it is cooked.  That is so gross.  The reason for the BBQ is to have it cook into the meat.

If they had just given us steak knives we might have had a chance cutting the chicken.  It was impossible to pick up the whole chicken and eat the meat off the bone.

And it will announce…at the end of dinner…I lost to the chicken.

Messy?  Egads!  I asked the waitress right away if I could have something for my sticky fingers…she handed me more napkins…and I asked, “Something wet?”  And, she did bring our table the hot wet cloth that I think they serve after dinner but in this instance everyone needed one right away…who could eat dinner after the battle with the chicken.

Dessert was ice cream with a chocolate topping.  If you haven’t guessed right now…I did not care for my dinner.

Black Barts RV Park
2760 E Butler Ave

Flagstaff, AZ 86004
(928) 779-3142

No comments:

Post a Comment