Saturday, April 1, 2017

April 1, 2017 - Hash Kitchen - Scottsdale, Arizona

.
Today we went to the Hash Kitchen after my grandson, Jonah's baseball game...Jody Hayes, Jonah Hayes, Jack and Judy Svendsen.  Jody, Judy and I started with the Blood Mary Bar. I chose the Salted Bacon Rim…Bacon Vodka…Peppered Blood Mary Mix…it definitely had a kick to it.  I added Bacon on a skewer …asparagus, cheese…stuffed olives…and a fried ravioli.



For breakfast Jody and I ordered the Bacon Brioche French Toast – served with bourbon syrup..candied pecans…and bacon maple whip.  It was delicious!  Two thick pieces of brioche.  I loved it.

Judy ordered the Crab Roll- crabmeat loaded between thick slices of toasted bread.- served with fries. Judy said that she liked it a lot.





Jack ordered Corned Beef Benedict – corned bef..pan fried potato cake…topped with poached eggs and hollandaise. There wasn't a morsel left on Jack's plate.  I think he liked his choice.



Jonah, our baseball star, ordered his usual Grilled Cheese.



The service was excellent.  The only down side was the restaurant was packed and the noise level was very loud...so loud we couldn't even visit.  

I will be returning to this restaurant.  There are a few more things that I would like to try on the menu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 8, 2018...my grandson Judson joined  us  - Joshua, Jody  and  Jonah Hayes;  Jack and  Judy Svendsen for breakfast after Jonah's early morning soccer game at the Hash Kitchen on Frnak Lloyd Wright Blvd. for breakfast.  

I did in fact return many times...and tried lots of different items on the menu.

...but this one must be written about because it was so unique.   I tried their Avocado Toast.  OMG!  Two huge pieces of brioche…covered with an avocado spread of mashed avocados…and that was the last that one saw of the avocado…then braised pork…covered with a fried egg…covered with two stripes of thick bacon…and then heaped with crispy strips and curls of fried onions.  I could only eat one of mine…what a huge meal.  I wish that they had offered a half portion.  It was served on a board with a thin piece of what looked like what butcher paper but not thick as butcher paper.   When one tried to cut the piece of  “toast” it slipped all over the board.  I wished it had just been served on a plate for ease of eating.  I just hate to get exhausted from trying to eat my meal.  But nothing really detracted from the meal.  This was the first time that I tried avocado toast.  I have a feeling that nothing going forward will ever come close to this.





Hash Kitchen
14832 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
(480) 361-5228
Hours:  Daily 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m

No comments:

Post a Comment