Thursday, April 26, 2018

April 14 and April 15, 2018 - Sugar & Scribe - La Jolla, California

Visited on April 14, 2018 with Carol and Mike Thompson and the Thompson-Hollman Wedding Party.  What a lovely café…perfect fit for a beach town.  I just love it!


I ordered the Traditional Breakfast…great scrambled eggs, good tasting fried potato chunks…crispy bacon and rye toast.  The rye toast was a big thick piece of homemade rye bread.

It isn't often that I return to the same restaurant two days in succession...but I returned on April 15, 2018 with niece Julie Middelburg for breakfast on April 15, 2018.

I ordered the Traditional Breakfast.  Julie ordered the Lemon Curd Pancakes with Orange Cardamom Syrup and Berries.  We shared both breakfasts.  The Traditional Breakfast was as delicious as it was on Saturday.


I really liked the taste of Lemon Curd Pancake.  Yes, the dough tasted just like lemon curd.  The pancake perfectly cooked with a little crispy on the edges.  I like my pancakes like that.

After we bought snacks for our trips back home…I bought a peanut butter cookie…a mini- Orange Creamsycle cupcake…and a huge Almond Croissant.  Their bakery goods are delicious. I should also mention that this bakery also made the Thompson-Hollman wedding cake for the reception on Friday, April 13, 2018.

Sugar & Scribe Bakery
7660 Fay Avenue
La Jolla, California 92037
(858) 274-1733
Hours:  Monday – Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
             Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.




No comments:

Post a Comment