Saturday, June 22, 2019

June 7, 2019 - Sparky's - Hatch, New Mexico

I visited this unique restaurat in Hatch during my trip to the southwestern section of New Mexico with Cindi Walcott. 

I was so full (from breakfast)  I ordered a Green Chile (fresh Hatch chiles) Chocolate milkshake.  I thought it was really delicious in comparison to the image I had in my mind. In fact the cold and the chocolate really did tamp down the hot…hot of the chiles.

Cindi ordered a pulled pork sandwich with fries and a root beer float.

The pulled pork was like big hunks of ham…very tasty.  I really liked this sandwich. The shake had big hunks of chiles in it.  The fries had a chile salt on them…I ate some but they were just too hot!

If you don’t go for the food…go to have a look at Teako’s Giants…he has a huge collection of giant statues.  But have something to eat.  You can’t go to Hatch without eating something with the famous Hatch Chiles in the item you order.


Sparky’s
115 Franklin Street
Hatch, New Mexico 87937
(575) 267-4222
Hours:  Thursday – Sunday 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
             Monday – Wednesday – Closed
             Closed – New Year’s Day
                            3:00 p.m.  Super Bowl Sunday
                           Easter Sunday
                           Thanksgiving
                           Black Friday
                           Christmas Day
Owners:  Josie and Teako Nunn

No comments:

Post a Comment