Wednesday, June 14, 2017

June 13, 2017 - Sierra Bonita Grill - Phoenix, Arizona

Kelli Jo Welk and I picked this restaurant for our June monthly dinner.  We ate on the patio…not really crowded…it was quiet enough to talk…the wait staff was wonderful.  

We ordered two Starters off the Happy Hour Menu – Guacamole  - hand prepared daily in their molcajete.  Served with homemade tortilla chips and three salsas – one green that was nice and mild – a red with chipotle  and a second red that was on fire.  Our second was Queso Fundido Con Chorizo – fried Mexican cheese blended with chorizo.  Served with homemade tortilla chips.  Delicious – almost enough for dinner.


Guacamole



Queso Fundido Con Chorizo

Kelli ordered the Carne Asada – grilled marinated steak, charro beans, roasted tomato rice, guacamole, salsa fresco..served with a toasted flour tortilla off the grill.  I love my tortillas like that.  Kelli gave me a bite of the steak…and it was perfect.


 Carne Asada

I ordered the Smoked Red or Green Chile Pork Roast – with Charro beans, tomato rice, salsa fresco and a toasted flour tortilla off the grill.  I couldn’t decided whether I wanted the red or the green so they brought me half and half.  The meat was moist and coming apart..just the way I like it…I love both the green and the red chili sauce…delicious!  I love this restaurant.



Smoked Red or Green Chile Pork Roast

Sierra Bonita Grill
6933 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85014
(602) 264-0700
Hours:  Monday – Tuesday 11:00 am. – 9:00 p.m.
             Wednesday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
             Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment