Monday, June 19, 2017

June 18, 2017 - Zen Culinary - Scottsdale, Arizona

I had dinner here on June 18, 2017 with Joshua, Jody, Judson and Jonah Hayes....celebrating Father’s Day  We started with the appetizer Dragon Balls – pork and shrimp filling, panko crust, chili soy and wasabi aioli.  We each had one and they were delicious…I thought the wasabi aioli tasted just perfect with them.

Jody ordered the Sashimi Bibim Ramen -  spicy ramen, thinly sliced fluke, veggies, korean chili paste, sauce on the side…it looked tasty.





I ordered Panang Curry  with beef - traditional panang, curry paste, coconut milk, seasonal vegetables.  I love curry…and it was just perfect.  I loved the taste…it wasn’t too sweet….just right…mine had a lot of cauliflower and  broccoli in the liquid..and it was wonderful.  I spooned mine over rice….goodness.




Joshua ordered the Green Curry with chicken -  traditional green curry paste, coconut milk, vegetables, basil.  I also tasted this one…and it was very good.  I might have to go there at least two more times to have a bowl of the green curry…and then another time for the yellow curry.





Judson ordered the Korean Baby Back Ribs -  Seoul marinated pork ribs, crispy french fries, roasted garlic, seasonal local/organic vegetables.  He liked them…said they were better than Bobby Q’s….but I tasted them…and I don’t know about that.





Jonah, our little food connoisseur ordered Chicken Strips and French Fries….boy were those fries good…actually the chicken was also…why do the French fries always taste good in the Asian restaurants…is it the oil that they are fried in…I wonder.


The service was just wonderful.

Zen Culinary
15544 N. Pima Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
(480) 500-8865
Hours:  Monday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
             Sunday – Closed
Type of Food – Asian Fusion

After dinner we went back to the Hayes Residence and had a piece of Jody's homemade Huckleberry Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream...delish!


No comments:

Post a Comment