Sunday, June 4, 2017

June 3, 2017 - Bobby Q's - Mesa, Arizona

I am staying with my grandsons for the week.   Today was my birthday so we went to this BBQ restaurant for my birthday luncheon.  I chose it because Judson really likes BBQ.

Judson ordered the Pulled Pork Sandwich with mashed potatoes. 



Judson's Pulled Pork Sandwich


I ordered the Sliced Prime Beef Brisket with Pecan Cole Slaw. 






My Sliced Prime Beef Brisket Sandwich


Jonah ordered  a Hamburger and Fries off the 
Kids Menu.
 


My grandson, Jonah...showing us his Hamburger and Fries off the Kids' Menu


I thought my beef brisket was excellent..moist…cooked to perfection as far as I was concerned. I liked the fact that it wasn’t drenched in BBQ sauce…you could have more on the side if you wanted it…I don’t like a lot of BBQ on my meat.  I want to taste the meat and  the BBQ taste.  This was a real plus for me. All of their meat is smoked for 18 hours.   Judson thought his was a 3 on a scale of 1-5.

Jonah liked his burger which came with the string fries…and they were crisp and delicious.  We brought half of Jonah’s home which he ate tonight for dinner…and the fries still tasted good…that’s a rare experience.  He ate the other whole half for dinner.  Another rare experience.

All of the servings were large…our two sandwiches contained a huge amount of meat.  It was a real sandwich…plus the buns were buttered and grilled.  This restaurant does everything the way I like it.

As we left the restaurant they gave us small brown bags of hot out of the oil tiny doughnuts dusted in sugar.  Those were really delicious…and I know that Judson liked them because he ate almost all of them.


I liked the ambience inside the restaurant…I liked the outside…and the wait staff was excellent.


Bobby Q’s
1610 S. Stapley Drive
Mesa, Arizona 85204
(480) 361-7470
Hours:  Tuesday – Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 10:00  p.m.
             Monday 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment