Saturday, September 2, 2017

September 1, 2017 - Harbor Cafe - Santa Cruz, California

Rose Filicetti and I went to one of my favorite Santa Cruz cafes for breakfast/brunch.  We ordered the Seafood Omelet as a Scramble and the Fruit Bowl…I also started off the meal with a Bloody Mary.   Rose and I went to the Harbor Café for breakfast/brunch.  I started out the meal with a Bloody Mary.  We shared a Seafood Omelet as a Scramble – shrimp, avocado and cheese, topped with Hollandaise Sauce.  The shrimp were good sized – were firm – it looked to me that they were sautéed in butter…and were slightly browned…just the way I liked my shrimp sautéed.  The Hollandaise Sauce was also just the way I like it – I could taste the egg yolk and butter in the sauce…and it was whisked to just a hint of frothy.  Marvelous!   The salsa was fresh…the taste was accented with just a hint the oil mixed with the juices of the tomato, onion and cilantro.  I could have just eaten the salsa without putting it on my entrée.

The biscuits were very large…hot out of the oven…the butter melted upon touch.  There is not anything quite like a great biscuit.  The hasbrowns were crispy…but not greasy!




We also shared the fruit bowl -  small chunks of cantaloupe, melon… whole blueberries, grapes, and cherries…slices of grapefruit and oranges.  Perfect…perfect breakfast.



This was not my first visit to the Harbor Café.  It never disappoints me.

I also included my last visit to the cafe...after reading this you can see...that in three years nothing has changed...the meals are great...the service was wonderful.  Plus we were able to sit outside on the patio.  Who could ask for more.

I visited on October 2, 2014 with Rose Filicetti for breakfast.  .  Rose chose the Captain’s Frittata – egg and home fries scrambled with cheese, topped with salsa fresco and sour cream with toast.

I ordered the Seafood Omelet – shrimp, avocado and cheese – topped with either Hollandaise Sauce or Salsa Fresca.  I chose the Hollandaise Sauce. Served with hashbrowns or Home Fries…I chose the hashbrowns…toast or a biscuit…I chose the biscuit.

First off, the Hollandaise sauce was perfect.  I could just see them whisking together the eggs and butter…then slowly adding the lemon juice. This sauce was so smooth.  The shrimp weren’t those little tiny canned shrimp.  These were small shrimp.  There were also huge pieces of avocado.  The best seafood type of omelet that I have ever tasted.


I also ordered a Bloody Mary…great…they make their own mix…it comes with a huge piece of celery, a small slice of lime, cocktail onion, a slice of a jalapenos pepper ,  an Italian pepperoncini and a green pepper…yum…almost a breakfast in itself.

Harbor Café
535 Seventh Avenue
Santa Cruz, California
(831) 475-4948
Hours: Open Daily 8:00 a.m.  – 2:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment