Saturday, September 9, 2017

September 4, 2017 - Cafe Cruz - Soquel, California

Cousins Rose Filicetti, Neal Savage and I worked the Row Boat Races at the Begonia Festival most of the day.  We did go the very lovely After Festival Party at Laurie Hill's house.  She was this year's chairman.  That was followed by dinner at the Cafe Cruz.  I have dined here before...see my October 3, 2014 review.

Marvelous evening...we were seated on the lovely patio...what charm.  We were able to visit with noise.  It really did improve my dining experience.  I was a happy girl.

I just couldn't pass up trying the  Watermelon Margarita – yummy!


My Watermelon Margarita is the short drink with the watermelon wedge


Rose chose the Heirloom Tomato Stack – fresh mozzarella, red onions,  pesto crolis, crostini crumbles, Balsamic syrup, pea shoots.crumbles, Balsamic syrup, pea shoots.

Heirloom Tomato Stack


Neal and  I shared the 3-Beet Salad – roasted, raw and chips, wild arugula, glazed walnuts, Laura Chenel Goat Cheese, Champagne  Vinaigrette.  I love beets, so this was wonderful.  The first time I have ever eaten beet chips – fantastic.



3-Beet Salad

I ordered the Grilled Skirt Steak and Fettuccine – fresh gorgonzola-alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese.  I love white sauce…and their sauce is always perfect…well..in my eyes if it has gorgonzola cheese in it…it is perfect.  The steak was grilled perfectly to my request.




Grilled Skirt Steak on Fettuccine (the picture isn't very good)

Neal ordered the Harris Ranch Steak Tacos – 2 – fire roasted tomato salsa, guacamole – shaved romaine lettuce with house smoke black beans.




Harris Ranch Steak Tacos with Beans

Rose chose the Grilled Harris Ranch New York Steak – Marsala wine and roasted shallot reduction sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed Brussels sprouts.



Harris Ranch New York Steak

Café Cruz
2621 41st Avenue
Soquel, California
(831) 476-3801

Hours:
            Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m.  – 9:00 p.m.
            Friday – 10:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
            Saturday – 11:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
            Sunday – 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

For another review of Cafe Cruz...see my visit on October 3, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment