Monday, September 4, 2017

September 3, 2017 - Sparrow Cafe - Aptos, California

Rose Filicetti and I decided to try the Sparrow Cafe for brunch this morning.

I ordered the Crab Benedict – croissant with poached egg, lemony hollandaise and two crab cakes.   It was okay but nothing that I would order again.  I think that I just don’t like the benedicts because I don’t like the poached eggs…I just don’t like runny eggs unless I have a lot of toast to sop up everything.  I was hoping the croissant would solve that problem but it didn’t. I also thought the hollandaise was just too lemony…I like the Harbor Café’s much better.

I did love the fresh fruit served with each entree.  It was delicious.





Rose ordered the Toadstool Scramble – sauté of mushrooms, bacon and garlic with gruyere cheese.




The service was excellent.  The ambience was lovely.  I especially liked the dried hydregea wall hangings.  I thought it was too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment