Saturday, March 11, 2017

March 10, 2017 - Karsen's Grill - Scottsdale, Arizona

Cousin Jim Cowhey arrived in Phoenix from Chicago for annual Spring Training trek to the Valley of the Sun.  I picked him up at the airport.  We headed to Scottsdale because he wa staying close to Old Town Scottsdale.

It took us a while to find a parking spot but we did and then walked to the bar/grill.  It wasn’t what I was expecting.  It was small…but they had food…and it was quiet so it ended up being just perfect spot for an afternoon visit.

I ordered the special for the day Fish and Chips with fries…they were very tasty…the batter was a meal breaded batter not a thick batter.   It fried up very crisp…making it easy to dip the fish in the sauce.  I wasn't served tartar sauce.  Instead I was served a homemade avocado based aioli sauce.  It was delicious!



Jim ordered the Jalapeno Club – Hickory Smoked Turkey, Black Forest Ham, Candied Jalapeno Cream Cheese, House-Cured Jalapeno Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado and Green Chile Aioli Sauce.  It looked interesting.



I was disappointed because it is described as “a cozy neighborhood watering hole offering burgers, sandwiches and daily specials, plus sports on TV.”  Where’s the beef?  I never saw one burger on the menu we were handed.  Did we have to ask for the burger menu?  I had read about the Patty Melt.  That’s what I wanted to try.   So basically I walked away disappointed…very disappointed…and it wasn’t the food…it wasn’t the staff…they were very attentive.

Karsen’s Grill
7246 E. First Street
Scottsdale, AZ
(480) 990-7660
karsengrill.com
Hours:  Monday -  Wednesday  11:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
             Thursday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
             Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment