Thursday, March 9, 2017

March 6, 2017 - Creative Hands Cuisine - Mesa, Arizona

I am a volunteer usher at the Mesa Arts Center.  I attended the 2017 Mesa Arts Center Volunteer Appreciation Dinner on Monday, March 6, 2017.  It was held in the complex…on the large stage of the Ikeda Theater.

The tables were draped in tablecloths.  The theme was “You Are Spring!”  As I sat down I noticed that at each place setting there was a pastel cloth napkin that was draped from under the salad plate to the top of the chair seat.  I thought that really looked neat.

A basket of fresh spring flowers was placed in the center of each table.  Fresh cut flowers!  Lovely!  I love fresh flowers for all occasions.

The dinner was the most delicious catered dinner I have ever eaten.  We started with a chopped salad accompanied with slices of baguette and this delicious fluffy herbed whipped butter. 




The main entrée was baked chicken breast.  The breast was baked so well...not dry…perfectly moist.  It had been marinated and crusted with herbs.




The mashed potatoes – the best I have ever eaten.  As far as I could tell they were Yukon potatoes whipped with butter, cream – and here’s the good part.  I think a salad dressing mix was added to the potatoes…most likely an Italian herb type of dressing…but no rosemary…I don’t like a lot of rosemary.  The potatoes were so tasty.

Green beans, with onions, garlic, almond slices and pimento finished the entrée.

A lovely orchid type flower on top of the meal completed the presentation.





Dessert was a Salted Caramel Brownie…yummo!   I loved this dinner.



We had a lovely quartet entertaining us through dinner.  Playing a lot of 40s music.  The female vocalist was very energetic.  She had a lovely voice accompanied by a piano, drums and bass.

Lots of prizes were given away after the dinner.  I should announce that I am still on my prizeless streak…well over one year long.  Every person at my table won something but me.



Creative Hands Cuisine
3035 N Maple St. #1
Mesa, AZ 85215
602-628-1534 office
480-588-8408 fax

Office Hours (Pending Events)
Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm




The three of us from Las Palmas who usher  - Stella Summy, Lynda Patrick-Hayes and Irma Heasley.

No comments:

Post a Comment