Monday, March 13, 2017

March 12, 2017 - Black Bear Diner - Goodyear, Arizona

I went to my first Spring Training game today at Goodyear Ballpark in Goodyear, Arizona. I went with Jeanne and Willie Stecher.  We decided to leave early and have breakfast.  We chose the Black Bear Diner.

Jeanne ordered the Classic 2-Egg Combo – 2 eggs scrambled, ½ order of chicken Apple Sausage (a blend of smoked chicken, sweet apples and seasonings), country red potatoes and a housemade biscuit.  The biscuits were huge…and delicious…especially slathered with butter.




I ordered the Classic 2-Egg Combo – 2 eggs scrambled,  Patty Sausage (made in-house form arecipe passed down through generations of Italian families).  I ordered mine mild as I know how spicy Italian sausage can be.   Hash browns..crispy and a biscuit.  

These biscuits have that baking power taste…they are large but light and fluffy…no doughy taste with these wonderful delights, hot out of the oven.  Jeanne also added strawberry jam to hers but I just used butter.  I didn’t want to miss that baking powder biscuit taste.





Willie ordered The ScramBOWL – all in one bowl – ham, bacon, link sausages, eggs, bell pepper, onion and pickled jalapeno, scrambled of country red potatoes, then topped with cheddar cheese and country gravy.  Served with another of those “big” biscuits.








A closer look at Willie's ScramBOWL

The breakfast here are huge, tasty and not overly expensive.  This restaurant knows all about customer service because they we make your breakfast precisely as you want it.  Plus they are always there at the perfect moment to re-fill your coffee cup and your glass of cold water.

You can also order several of their regular menu items off the “Little Less”  menu.   I think that is the way it should be.


I will be returning to the Black Bear Diner closest to me because there are more menu items that I would like to try.

Black Bear Diner
980 N. Dysart Road
Goodyear, Arizona 85338
(623) 932-2968
Hours:  Daily 6:00 a.m.  – 10:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment