Monday, March 13, 2017

March 12, 2017 - Alessia’s Ristorante Italino - Mesa, Arizona

On our way home from the baseball game in Goodyear, we decided to stop for dinner.  We chose Alessia's Ristorante Italino.

We started off with a basket of crispy hot bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil….this is always my favorite part of the whole meal at any Italian restaurant or home.

Willie chose the Pollo Erve – chicken breast sautéed with garlic, basil, rosemary, sage and onion red sauce.  I can’t remember his pasta choice.  I did try his sauce dunked in a piece of bread.  It was very good…light not heavy because I am sure that they made it using fresh tomatoes. I thought there was also a lemon or citrus taste to the sauce.

I ordered the Bolognese – ground beef, carrots, celery, onions in a creamy tomato sauce with parmesan over penne.  It was very good but I have eaten better Bolognese.  I love Bolognese.

Jeanne ordered the Mussels starter – a “big” plate of mussels.  They looked marvelous.

Big kudos from me because after we were served the waiter came around with the garter and topped everyone’s dish with freshly grated parmesan.  That always earns big points with me.  In fact I rarely return to an Italian restaurant that doesn’t do that very thing.

Jeanne and I split a dessert – Spumoni Bomba – spumoni ice cream all covered with dark chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate.  I was disappointed because it was a layer of pistachio ice with a layer of chocolate on top of it and a layer of strawberry on the bottom.  I wanted spumoni ice cream..even a small dish of it would have been wonderful.  The presentation though was great.  It was a hug ball – a big ice cream truffle.

I smiled to myself as we were about to leave.  A new couple was seated.  She asked about lasagna which they didn’t serve.  Girl after my heart.  I am from peasant Italian stock.  There isn’t anything quite as good as lasagna served piping hot with lots of meat and cheeses.

This, however, was a much more refined Italian restaurant.  I appreciated its loveliness…cloth table cloths…proper place settings…and of course all the delicious fresh ingredients that were used in the food.

The welcome in the menu:


“Alessia's Ristorante Italiano opened their doors in June of 2004.  Owners Jonathan and ShariCarr have created the best authentic Italian restaurant in the east valley of Mesa, Arizona.  Unlike most other Italian restaurants, Alessia's features dishes made from scratch every time you order with a focus on freshness featuring recipes from central to northern Italy.  Alessia's has created a wonderful neighborhood family italian restaurant which is great for dining any day of the week.  If you're looking for something other than the turn and burn establishments of today, the Carr family invites you to come try our wonderful food and enjoy our casual atmosphere!”

Alessia’s Ristorante Italino
5251 E. Brown Road
Mesa, Arizona 85202
(480) 396-2888
Hours:  Tuesday – Saturday 3:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
              Sunday 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
              Monday- Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment