Saturday, April 26, 2014

April 25, 2014 - Goode's Q and Bayou Grill - Billings, Montana

I am spending the weekend in Billings, Montana...playing in a bridge tournament with Monta Bell, Vicky Sager and Mary Jo Brown.  It was a gorgeous morning for a drive to Billings.  I went straight to the bridge room.  Played with Monta Bell in the first session.  We ended up tied for 6/7 N-S Flight A...garnering .38 master points.


During dinner break  Monta had a surprise for me…she, Victoria and I went to the Vegas Motel…the new home of Goode’s Q and Bayou Grill for dinner.  Remember how I have been muttering and moaning about my favorite Great Falls eatery moving to Billings...well here I am. 

We weren’t all that hungry so I had a cup of Seafood Gumbo…and a cup of Clam Chowder.  Monta had a cup of Seafood Gumbo - shrimp, crawfish and bay scallops sautéed with white wine and smothered with a rich seafood stock...served over rice.  Victoria had the Chicken-n-sausage Gumbo…richly flavored broths thickened with a Louisiana staple (roux) and vegetables....served over rice.  We shared an order of Fried Okra…and forks around for dessert - a piece of Pecan Pie. It was so hot we had to ask for a scoop of ice cream...hot as in temperature.   (It was good but not as good as my southern friend Jo Martin bakes.)

Vicky and I played in the evening session.  We were both tired...and we played up and down so when we left we had turned in a 48%...stay tuned.






Goode’s Q and Bayou Grill
The Vegas Hotel
27th Street and Belknap – Exit 450
Billings, Montana
(406) 259-9434


Hours:
Breakfast:  6:00 a.m. – 11:00 am.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Dinner 4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment