Saturday, April 12, 2014

April 9, 2014 - Lenten Soup Supper at the First Presbyterian Church

As I explained last week I go the Presbyterian Church for their Lenten Soup Supper.  This week was the last one before the festivities of Easter begin.  The Presbyterian Ladies can really cook.  Each week we have a choice of three soups.


The choices this week were  - Lentil Soup - Clam Chowder  - Lasgne Soup.  I started with one of my favorite soups - Lentil Soup - made by Margaret Miller.  The lentils came from the Miller farm in Saskatchewan, Canada.  It was cooked in a light broth..loaded with tiny pieces of carrots....yum!


Then I tried a half bowl of Karen McIntosh's Lasgne Soup - this was a hearty soup loaded with fusilli, ground beef in a thick broth and small pieces of vegetables...it was delicious.


And of course I had to have a few bites of Pauline Petersen's Clam Chowder....her clam chowder has always been one of my favorites...loaded with small pieces of potatoes and large pieces of clams....served in a thick creamy white broth...I can still taste the butter.


I chose the homemade breadsticks with butter each  I put more soup in my bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment