Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015 - Kona Grill - Gilbert, Arizona

I went to the Kona Grill with Jeanne and Willie Stecher, Karen and Richard Fisher and Sandy Wilts to celebrate Jeanne's 69th birthday.  I usually don't review franchise restaurants but since this was my first ever visit to a Kona Grill I decided to write about it.

Jeanne started her celebration by  ordering a Raspberry Martini which she really liked…and I liked the presentation. 




I ordered the Lobster Mac ‘n Cheese – penne pasta,  cheddar, gouda,   parmesan  - panko and white truffle oil. Lots of huge lobster chunks gives this dish a wonderful taste.






Karen Fisher decided to try the Jambalaya - crawfish, chicken, andouille sausage, jambalaya sauce, white rice  - she thought it tasted good..and it was spicy hot. 







The birthday girl  wanted the Miso-Sake Sea Bass - shrimp  and pork fried rice, pan-asian ratatouille.  I had a bite…it just melted in your mouth…great taste…as was the shrimp and pork fried rice.




Willie tried the Alaskan Snapper Sandwich  He really wanted the Mahi  Mahi but it is not available at this time of the year at this restaurant.







Richard ordered the  Almond-Crusted Pork Tenderloin -  house mashed potatoes, baby bok choy, shiitake mushroom sauce .





Sandy decided  to try the  Sushi Menu.  She ordered the California Roll - crab mix, motoyaki sauce, cucumber, avocado.  Instead we think they brought her  the Philadelphia Roll - smoked salmon, cream cheese, cucumber




We ordered one dessert – Passion Fruit Infused crème brulle…forks around.  At first I wasn’t that happy with the taste but as I continue taking tiny bites I thought it tasted wonderful – creamy, light…and  the sugar was burnt perfectly.




Kona Grill
2224 W. Williams Field Road
Gilbert, Arizona 85295
(480) 289-4500

No comments:

Post a Comment