Friday, November 27, 2015

November 27, 2015 - Republica Empanada - Mesa, Arizona - Updated 1-16-2018


I visited on January 16, 2018 with Cathy Lindholm and Marilyn Stavos after bridge at Leisure World.

This was Cathy and Marilyn's first visit. 

We chose to sit on the patio because it was so cold inside…but lovely on the patio..especially when they turned on the heater…yes!  Cathy and I both ordered the Empanada Platter which includes two empanadas, rice, beans, cabbage salad, maduros (ripe sweet plantains) and crema Mexican.  Cathy chose the El Capitan (seasoned beef, potato, boiled egg, green olives and golden raisin – and the Cubana (pernil, ham, mozzarella and dill pickle) as her two empanadas.  I chose the Cheeseburger (seasoned ground beef and cheddar cheese) and also the Cubana.

Marilyn ordered the Vegan Platter – one vegan empanada, rice, beans, cabbage salad, maduro and crema Mexican.

Everyone loved their meal.  The cheeseburger empanada is my favorite.  This was the first time that I tried the Cubana..and I loved it.  Also love that delicious sauce that is served…it does have a big bite at the end of your taste… but it is one of the reasons I also visit.

Cathy and I also had a dessert empanada…I chose the Banana Cream…and Cathy the Dizzy Fig.


The service was very good and efficient.

There is also an hours change...now 10:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.  Closed on Sundays.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Judson's hockey game early this afternoon, Sandy Wilts and I stopped in downtown Mesa and tried lunch at the Republica Empanada.  I had the Special…pick two empanadas…and I choose the Cheeseburger…seasoned ground beef and cheddar cheese…and then a dessert one…Guava and Cheese….guava preserves and mozzarella cheese…it was served with Black Beans, Rice and  Cabbage Salad…great meal.  I loved the empanadas.  They were served with this green sauce…very tasty…especially on my rice.  They wouldn’t tell me the ingredients..and I respect that.  I thought maybe cucumber…but she said, “no”…but I did guess the onions and the jalapenos…it did a little bite to it.



The Special - with the Cheeseburger Empanada



Sandy had the Republica Chicken Empanada…Chicken, fresh vegetables and seasonings…and a glass of wine.  She also liked hers.



Sandy's Republica Chicken Empanada on the right...my Guava and Cheese Empanada on the left.

This restaurant is a pan-Latin bistro that specializes in Arizona’s largest variety of South American style savory empanadas….all of which represent the different regions and tastes of Latin American food.

Republica Empanada
204 E. 1st Avenue
Mesa, Arizona 85210
(480) 969-1343
Hours:  Monday-Saturday 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
             Sunday - Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment